Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Ability to use the forklift responsibly and efficiently (forklift training is required and can be administered on-site).
- Manage coolers and rotate inventory.
- Load and unload trucks according to orders placed.
- Manage shipments in and out of facility.
- Organize and manage warehouse space efficiently.
- Make sure to read the packaging schedule daily in order to be prepared for that day and the next day’s units. Communicate with warehouse lead and prioritize which beer to ship.
- Accurately record amount of beer packaged in necessary logs.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for truck loading and inventory control.
- Willingness to work in a fast pace environment, yet be precise in your daily tasks.
- Be safety minded in all aspects of your job and report any possible unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area.
- Make sure that PPE (personal protective equipment) is used and operable. Report to supervisor if anything needs to be replaced.
- Report any safety hazards that happen with respect to fork trucks and general areas. Practice safety while operating any of the equipment.
- Inspect all final packaged items to make sure they meet specifications
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good verbal and written communication skills are needed.
- Forklift experience a plus
- Interpersonal and motivational skills required.
- Must have strong skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems in a continuous batch process manufacturing environment is helpful (including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Must be able to use our Warehouse Management System.
- Strong problem solving skills are required.
- Beer or beverage experience is a plus.
- Lift a minimum of 100 pounds (eg. Kegs or bottle/can cases)
- Push and/or pull pallet jack loaded with as much as 2,000 pounds.
- Able to work in hot and cold environments
- Standing, walking, and lifting for 8-10 hour shifts
- Ability to crawl on hands and knees to clean and repair.
- Must be able to have full use of arms and legs, and ability to focus up close and at a distance.