Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the MCI CFO based in Denver, the Senior Director Finance of APACA partners with internal and external stakeholders and provides strong financial leadership to drive transformational growth the APACA region. This role is responsible for all of finance, accounting, internal controls, risk management, FP&A, Revenue Management, M&A, and cash management for this region (incl Australia/Japan/China/India/Korea/Military/Africa/new business and also including 3 of MCI's 10 Focus markets) leading a finance team across multiple countries and locations. The go to market models across the APACA region are quite different and complex and involve some of MCI's most risky and high-growth markets and use many different currencies, including India where MCI has two breweries and owns every business process in a complex regulatory environment. The APACA region's long-range plan is to generate 3x-4x their current profit over the next 3-4 years.
The role also acts as a influential finance business partner for the region, reinforcing strategy and supporting growth and decision-making, working closely with the Managing Director for APACA. Additionally, this role directs the regional business insights and analytics with the purpose of identifying areas find profit opportunities and/or cost savings to improve performance.
The role requires the ability to balance the compliance of financial controls and risk management required for an international division of a large publicly traded company, with the expectation of improving business performance and leading for growth.
What You Will Be Accountable For:
Serving as the right hand of the Managing Director for APACA as finance support to control and track all financial aspects of this region. This role will also be responsible for thinking strategically to identify how the region will drive incremental profit, identify offsets to financial headwinds and find cost savings while deploying discretionary money to drive the top-line. This role will lead the region's forecast, reporting and variance analysis on a monthly basis and improving forecast accuracy. Other responsibilities include tracking sales, BME spending management, and monitoring the monthly forecast process to ensure the plan is being executed. In addition, this role is instrumental in setting the planning calendar with full alignment with MCI and MCBC expectations and Guidelines.
- Leading the AOP & LRP process for the APACA business as well as the Revenue Management agenda for this region. Includes the ability to travel for the planning process (AOP and LRP) and on a quarterly basis to review business results with regional teams (as well as ability to travel to markets as needed)
- Leading the BPR (Business Performance Review) processes for the Commercial and Marketing teams, through P&L and Brand profitability analysis, and Risks & Opportunities for these markets.
- Holding the business' accountable for value maximization and alignment with agreed strategies
- Taking on the role of PACC Champion focusing on further imbedding PACC across the business and incorporating into decision-making.
- Cash Management and Treasury:
- Cmplies with all relevant Corporate Treasury guidelines as well as establishes and maintains effective credit risk management, making sure that payment terms are in line with industry standards.
- Sets up effective cash management by minimizing wrking capital needs and proactively transfers surplus cash to the parent company
- Aligns all financing (including leasing) and bank selectin decisions with the Corporate MCI/Treasury department and ensures that reliable liquidity forecasts are delivered to Corporate Treasury on time.
- Manages all lcal insurance topics according to the guidelines and supports the MCI Support Center in the Enterprise Risk Management calculations
- People Management:
- Builds a team f highly engaged and motivated people
- Develps and updates regularly the job descriptions for all finance staff
- Ensures that each psition is held by a person with the appropriate qualifications
- Agrees n annual objectives and links variable pay to the achievement levels and holds bi-annual performance reviews giving clear, honest, and fair feedback
- Prmotes internal trainings to elevate knowledge levels within team and build capability
- Assures that all key prcesses are documented in writing and that checklists are being used.
- This role is instrumental in supporting MCI's International strategic initiatives as well as the implementation and tracking of project finances and budgets, risk and communication plans with minimum direction along with influencing the resolution of cost savings and trade-off decisions.
- Liaise with the MCI international teams on creating and analyzing new business (including M&A), with a focus on development of business cases, and serves as the key link between global MCI Finance leadership and the APACA team to support the agenda of new business development initiatives as well as existing contractual changes. This role applies extensive financial expertise to develop solutions to complex problems with ingenuity and influences project selection for portfolio while responsible for maintaining corporate integrity, costs and quality in decision making. This role assists in developing the APACA strategy along with ensuring the region is executing and making decisions consistent with that strategy.
- Serves as the strategic business partner for all functions of the APACA region (Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.), working closely with each functional team and driving and tracking accurate forecasts and budgets, as well as identifying cost saving opportunities and areas for process/business improvement. Directs the APACA teams on defining and analyzing financial aspects of capital business case development for MCI via the pipeline management START Process (a cross-functional approval process for new packaging and products) and drives quality in decision-making for new products/innovations. This includes carrying out return on investment calculations for new customers and new channels for new products through the SKU launch proposal assessing the profitability impact of the new SKU's for promotional activities, new overhead structures, marketing projects, capital investments, etc.
- This role focuses on strategic business partnering with outside customers and partner/distributor finance personnel to review business results and drive profitable and sustainable growth. Moreover, this role increases cost consciousness by creating transparency, rethinking local policies / checking compliance with existing ones, challenging spending behavior, conducting bidding processes/tenders and creating a "competition" for lower spending. Most importantly, this role helps to facilitate business operations and ensures the business brand plans are aligned with the commercial needs of the business with resources allocated to the right growth areas.
- Financial Control, Reporting, and Governance: Ensures the team has all the information necessary to be successful in their goals of expanding the business' and delivering sustainable growth. Closes the books (monthly, quarterly, annually) and produces timely results reviews, risks & opportunities. Performs SOX testing and certification and provides an accurate roll-up of results, with a focus on PACC, to the MCI CFO with an accountability for all internal control and GAAP compliance. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring that all internal and external policies are followed and acts as the business' Ethics and Compliance Champion, including FCPA oversight and reports all violations and issues as appropriate. This role ensures all contracts are followed and that all statutory reporting requirements are met (working with external service providers as needed). Finally, imperative in this role, is the establishment of an effective tax management process in cooperation with local tax specialists at Corporate and external tax advisors ensuring that all changes in tax legislation and their implications are evaluated well in advance and that a regular tax risk assessment is being conducted and all day-to-day queries are handled in the most cost-efficient way.
Just a Few Reasons Why Molson Coors is an Employer of Choice:
- Opportunity to work for a global brewing company. We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to our employees hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- We take people development seriously offering growth opportunities through talent and development programs and career planning
- Work within a fast paced ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
If You Have the Following…We Want to Hear From You!
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- MBA, Graduate Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, CPA, Charted Accountant, preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Big 4 accounting firm and/or working for a multi-national with experience influencing and business partnering cross-culturally and cross-functionally
- Proven management and leadership skills are essential – including team-orientation with a track record of strong collaboration, ability to work independently, high-degree of self-initiative, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environmentinance or Accounting
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.