Our purpose at Molson Coors Beverage Company, formerly MillerCoors, is to unite people to celebrate all of life’s moments. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Manager, SEC Tax Reporting working in Milwaukee, you will assist in managing and leading various aspects within the corporate tax department with emphasis on managing the global tax provision process & improvements, establishing policies, guidelines & processes, as well as driving processes changes related to utilization of CorpTax as a global provision software solution. You will work closely with the Director Tax Reporting & Compliance, Manager Tax Reporting & Technology, as well as all segment Tax Directors, Sr. Manager of FP&A, and Global Accounting & Consolidations Manager. This position will have broad exposure to both the North America and Europe business segments as it relates to accounting for income taxes and SEC reporting.
- Manage and ensure completion of the quarterly tax provision and global provision consolidation pursuant to US GAAP principles under ASC 740, including financial statement and regulatory tax disclosures, analysis of tax discrete items, quarterly ETR analysis, and preparation of quarterly income tax entries.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of quarterly segment and consolidated ETR reports for various internal management meetings.
- Assist with year-end activities including consolidation of the US deferred proof summary, return to provision summary, and management reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly ETR “flash” calculations to provide senior management with visibility to effective tax rates and potential impact on external reported earnings per share.
- Manage compliance with SOX controls, communicate results internally to Director Tax Reporting and Compliance, and provide control review evidence to internal and external auditors.
- Lead global efforts related to the use of the electronic reporting tool (CorpTax) for computing, verifying, analyzing and consolidating the global tax provision.
- Assist with research and analysis of tax accounting related issues.
- Assist with review of federal and state income tax returns as needed.
The Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting; Master’s in taxation, LLM-Taxation, or CPA highly desirable
- You have at least 6 years of relevant tax department experience, including experience with large, multinational corporations and US domestic tax compliance and financial reporting
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles – GAAP
- SAP, Corptax, fixed asset system, Webfilings and Wdesk knowledge are a plus
- Strong knowledge of tax laws and financial and tax accounting principles
- You can interact effectively with peers to identify issues, build consensus, and provide direction while maintaining a balance between technical and interpersonal skills
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of priorities.
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent relationships
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Flexible work programs to ensure a work life balance is maintained
- Access to beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, 401k, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and vision
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee