Our purpose at MillerCoors, a Molson Coors Company, is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Sous Chef, you will provide prompt and courteous service to meet customer demands, while demonstrating strong knowledge of the Blue Moon Brewing Company Restaurant brand, beers, and food menu. This role will directly support the Executive Chef in leading kitchen operations and providing leadership to the hourly kitchen staff and food runners. All FOH (front of house) and BOH (back of house) staff will place customer needs ahead of their own, at all times, and continuously work to improve the overall guest experience.
This position reports to an Executive Chef and works closely with other Assistant Restaurant Managers, Executive/Sous Chefs, and fellow Blue Moon Hourly Restaurant Ambassadors.
- Lead both kitchen staff and food runners for fast and efficient service to customers.
- Support Executive Chef by demonstrating a working understanding of the business aspects of kitchen operations (food cost, margin, labor, inventory, ordering, etc.).
- Lead by example and drive consistent accountability with the hourly team, monitor staffing, and manage labor cost as a member of the Blue Moon leadership/management team.
- Give ongoing coaching to Line Cook and Prep Cook team to ensure efficient execution and food quality. Be a point person for upholding all food safety and quality procedures.
- Be a liaison for communication from the kitchen to FOH managers and hourly employees to maximize team work and guest experience.
- Bring creative ideas to help Executive Chef with new menu item development.
- Design menu items around large parties that can easily be executed while operating day to day kitchen demands.
- Help to lead training of Line and Prep Cooks.
The Other Qualifications:
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You have your high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Confident working all stations on the line, including Expo
- As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check and drug screen
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Sustainability is embedded in our way of doing business – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Here’s your chance to work within a fast paced and innovative company – where developing great people is a core part of who we are
At Molson Coors, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Job Posting Salary Range: $46,200 - $66,500
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Denver