Wicked Weed Brewing is searching for a Regional Sales Manager to cover the VA, MD, and PA market. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is the key contact between the brewery and its distributors. This position is accountable for coaching, training, and developing a sales team daily with the inspection of sales representative activities. The RSM will work directly with wholesale partners for market specific objectives including business development, increasing distribution within accounts and gaining new customers. In addition, this position will be accountable for managing an assigned geographic region through the effective planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and execution of sales and marketing plans through the company distributor network and field sales team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Establish distribution, display, feature ad, retail promotion, and space management objectives that produce the effective presentation of the brands to the consumer at the point of purchase.
· Communicate information to management with recommendations that will contribute to the development of brands, sales growth, and distributor effectiveness.
· Effectively coordinate and communicate with management, distributors, and sales representatives to facilitate the effective development and execution of programs and business initiatives.
· Track identified metrics (sales, distribution, display, POS, etc.), providing timely performance reports.
· Manage specific operating systems and standards, for the management of: Ordering and Inventory Management, Quality Control, Selling and Merchandising Objectives and Standards, Program Execution Guidelines, Pricing and Discount Management, and POS Material utilization.
· Identify leads, manage prospects, acquire new business and grow points of distribution.
· Participate in the execution of events such as samplings, beer dinners, and craft beer educational presentations for customers and consumers.
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to lead and develop a team of sales professionals in order to achieve goals.
· Proven ability to build and maintain long term relationships.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Ability to generate and deliver sales presentations.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals and objectives.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Proficiency in Business Trade Math (Margin, Mark Up, Inverse Margin, Blended Margin, Breakeven, Draft Profit, and Pour Costs).
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Management, or related field.
· 5+ years of experience in Sales or Promotions in beverage/alcohol industry preferred.
· Certified Beer Server or Certified Cicerone preferred.
· Conducts work in a standing and sitting position; however, job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and light lifting.
· Job requires the ability to travel.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Execute plans to meet the annual distribution, velocity, and volume targets.
· Build relationships with key market influencers.
· Plan and execute market development events that have high impact in terms of brand discovery and local awareness.
· Act as a liaison to the marketing team regarding the development of tools needed to meet the demands of the retail environment.