Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world Is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Manager, Brand Finance - Heineken and Partner Brands working in Toronto you will be part of the Heineken and Partner brands marketing leadership team operating as the "CFO" for the Brand. Brand Finance provides financial decision support to the marketing organization to optimize the profitability of the Canadian Business Unit with a view of profitability drivers by segment, brand, province and through opt1m1zation of revenue management strategies. This position reports to Director of Commercial Finance and works closely with the Marketing Director and Marketing Managers/ABMs to develop, execute and monitor brand strategies, including all parts of the brand mix.
The Responsibilities: ·
- The core responsibilities include providing Finance Business Partnering support and performance management guidance in the following areas:
- Partner with the Marketing team to ensure compliance against key metrics to optimize Return On Marketing Investment (ROMI) and to deliver sustainable Profit After Capital Charge (PACC). ·
- Leverage standard reporting tools (such as Brand P&Ls, KPls} to enable the Marketing team to have a holistic view of the business and hold itself & others accountable for delivery of strategy and performance. Liaise with other finance functions (such as Supply Chain Finance} to ensure proper understanding of margin levers and key drivers of costs.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of monthly, quarterly, and full year brand financial results to management to ensure delivery of targets.
- Analyze drivers for actual performance vs. plan or forecast and liaise directly with marketing leaders to proactively put plans in place to achieve financial and strategic goals.
- Ensure material investments in the brands are supported with the right level of ROI/Business case analytics. Ensure standard business case metrics inclusive of PACC are used in all ROI evaluations. Instill a ROI culture and partner to drive benchmarks across brands/segments for ROI metrics (i.e. working/ non-working}.
- Understand external environment competitors and ensure insights are incorporated into plans (this might include preparation of 'shadow P&Ls', competitive deep dives, etc.}. Monitor market growth, shares movement and trends and assist in understanding what's driving the trends.
- Evaluate brand Risks and Opportunities to help deliver targets and proactively address any headwinds to plans.
- Financialize the impact of changes in brand metrics (such as brand health, brand image, • SOV/SOM, etc) and provide forward-looking recommendation based on these changes & the analysis.
- Oversee the marketing & channel budgets and facilitate budget trade-offs to meet the strategic priorities of Molson Coors brands. Support the preparation of annual marketing budget and monthly forecast updates.
- Drive Gross Margin and Mix continuous improvement by identifying and quantifying margin enhancing opportunities with the cross functional brand leadership team.
- Partner with Revenue Management and Marketing to analyze, validate and deliver strategic pricing objectives for the brands.
- Support the marketing teams in the annual long- Range Planning process.
- Proactively interface with other finance groups for problem resolution and consistency - act as a single point of contact to the Brand organization for all finance issues and concerns.
- Ensure adherence to the company's documented financial policies and procedures.
- Lead Heineken Marketing and NSR audits
- Work with Revenue management team to resolve NSR related questions
- Support business during new product launch process. (Value chain)
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications:
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities.
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business.
- You demonstrate the ability to autonomously deliver on stretch targets, utilizing strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with change, strong and energetic leadership skills to effectively lead new initiatives across the organization, set direction and drive for results.
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development.
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business/Commerce/Economics with an accounting designation or MBA.
- You have at least 7 years of progressive experience in finance preferably within CPG in a brand or sales finance business partnering role.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; working knowledge of SAP would be an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.