One of our key principles is that ‘the consumer is the boss’. To unlock exponential growth from our brands, we must be consumer-centric. We have to consider how the consumers’ world is changing, and how their needs and values impact their daily choices, and use this understanding to develop remarkable communications, innovations, and brand experiences that will drive connection and loyalty. The role of Insights is critical to achieving our ambitions of consumer centric marketing.
The senior insights roles within the Strategy & Insights team ensure that the consumer stands in the center of all our marketing initiatives.
You will develop and lead both qualitative & quantitative consumer insights projects and partner with some of the world’s leading external Consumer Design, Behavioral Science, and Market Research agencies, working on some of the biggest beer brands in the world. You will be responsible for driving the learning agenda and overall analysis and interpretation of results to deliver fact informed recommendations to critical cross functional partners across the commercial business including brand, innovation, sales, trade marketing and category management. Your ability to synthesis & storytell effectively to influence decision making will enable you to lead & drive significant change within the marketing & sales teams.
Key responsibilities & activities
- Actionable brand, innovation and shopper insights that can be translated into robust 3 yr and 1yr brand plans and innovation funnels to lead future growth
- Translating brand / innovation briefings into research projects
- Leading insights agenda, learning plans and recommendations on transformative innovations and huge moments in American culture e.g. Superbowl
- Responsible for proactively driving insights through the business on a monthly / quarterly / annual or ad-hoc basis
- Identifying relevant trends and insights across competitors, beer category and beyond
- Delivering the right data with a clear story, to support business decisions
- Day to day management of external research agencies from briefing to result deliveryKey contacts: (internal – external)
- Internal –Brand Teams & innovations Teams; CMO, Insights VP
- External – Insight, data, media and advertising agencies
- Global – Global insight team projects
- Strategy, Insights, and/or Brand Marketing experience – 5-8 years (at a mid to large CPG or consumer research/strategy agency desired) and/or advanced degree in a relevant concentration area (marketing, business, consumer).
- Curious, Analytical, Creative, Strategic - able to translate consumer behavior and attitudes into impactful, actionable insights to elevate and strengthen brand strategy & communication programs
- Agile and Fast Learner - able to synthesize data across different qual & quant sources (syndicated, panel, primary, etc.) into easily digestable influential takeaways to tell a story & inform and guide marketing strategy
- Team Player in a dynamic and fast moving environment - able to drive impact and influence across key marketing stakeholder groups (Brand, Innovation, Sales, Finance, Wholesalers, Retailers, etc.)
- Owner Mentality - able to drive consumer agenda and execute at a high capacity in a highly dynamic function, no task is too little or too big