Golden Road Brewing is seeking a Microbiology Quality Assurance Analyst in our Los Angeles brewery to ensure we keep making the highest quality beer. The position comes with health benefits, life insurance, and 401(k). The Microbiology Quality Analyst will be accountable for partnering with staff and manager-level positions to execute quality standards. This position works under the supervision of the Quality Manager to conduct day-to-day tasks assisting the Quality Department’s efficiency. While being a microbiological and laboratory-centered position, the Quality Analyst assists all production staff in problem-solving matters that are quality related.
- Executes, updates, and provides recommendations for Standard Operating Procedure and policy review.
- Collect and perform microbiological procedures and testing on raw materials, in progress beer, as well as packaged goods (water, wort, yeast, beer, brewery equipment, and environment).
- Work in conjunction with brewing and packaging departments to ensure quality from raw materials to finished product
- Train and validate employees on quality-minded procedures, sanitation practices, and testing.
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment as well as accurate recordkeeping
- Use, maintain and calibrate analytical equipment and instrumentation.
- Develop reporting systems, analyzes data and discerns new processes and/or corrective actions.
- Identifies critical control points and drives overall process control and improvement.
- Communicate consistently with brewery personnel and management regarding quality assurance issues.
- Advocate and promote continuous quality and safety improvement.
- Facilitate sensory panel and formulate results.
- Attend meetings, brewery functions, and perform duties at Basecamp as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Excel and Office. Familiarity with web based data management (Smartsheet, Sharepoint, etc) a plus.
- Working knowledge/experience with development and implementation of GMP
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a sense of urgency
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Content working in an lab that is housed within an active brewery which can be noisy, wet and subject to extreme temperatures.