The Finance Manager is responsible to set-up and oversee the entire accounting & tax process of the legal entity.The chief accountant also owns the accounting and fiscal timeliness & compliance - both statutory and group.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company tax returns, financial statements and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing statistical returns and other business-related filings.
- Develop and implement tax planning and cashflow.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Lead month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations, journal entries and analysis.
- Evaluate computerized accounting systems and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements and lead new system implementations from a finance perspective.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monitor financial transactions according to company policies and regulations
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Adhere to MCBC HR practices in terms of people retention, performance assessment, motivation and talent development
- Perform Individual Performance reviews with the team members
- Develop action plans, coaching and mentoring team members, developing talent, organizing career path meetings with team members
- Owning and facilitating team meetings for better process performance and enhancement of team skills
- Informally manage cross-functional teams to ensure optimal structures and financial performance
- Build strong and effective relationships with the local leadership team, global finance functions and external accounting providers
- Manage interactions with fiscal authorities and local state bodies
- Adhere to company policies.
- Complies with the Internal Regulation and the EHS (Employee Health and Safety), the FSF (Fire Safety and Fighting) and Environmental Protection duties laid down under the law.
- Responsible for keeping confidential the information, as per the internal policy, within the limits of the duties attached to their job.
- Informs the line manager of any non-compliance identified in their work.
- Treat everyone with respect, be ethical, lawful and trustworthy.
- Respects and correctly promotes the image of the company and the code of conduct.
- Responsible for the use of the available resources of the company only for the benefit of the company.
- Responsible for the correct management of the inventory of goods entrusted to them by the Company and the expense reports in connection with performance of the activity, in accordance with the internal procedures in force.
Support Technology Implementation
- Identify the proper technology solution to drive standardization and define the main requirements for the build out phase.
- Supervising system implementation as per the business requirement as per the baselining
Graduate degree; CECCAR member
Skills and relevant experience
- Prior experience in a Chief Accountant role
- Experience in working with US GAAP and SAP
Job Posting Grade: 12
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.