Under the direction of the Business Process Manager, the General Technician is responsible for effectively operating and maintaining equipment used to manufacturer and package aluminum cans. Potential annual earnings of $57,000 (includes $21.66/hour and overtime). This position is at our facility in Newburgh.
- Work as part of a team to read and interpret information, monitor equipment, and inspect product to maintain quality standards.
- Follow safe work practices and maintain a working knowledge of first aid and emergency procedures.
- Perform quality, maintenance and housekeeping checks while managing the technical process.
- Make quick and accurate comparisons of the similarities or differences between objects in order to determine that objects do match standards or specifications.
- High School Diploma or GED Certification required.
- Willingness to work 12.25 hour shifts, rotating days and nights, required overtime, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have basic knowledge of equipment and machinery.
- Basic computer skills, i.e.; Microsoft Office and Outlook experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to interact well with, team members, staff, and others.
- Three to five years industrial experience preferred, in a high-speed manufacturing or packaging environment desired.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Willingness and ability to take teamwork approach to the job by cooperating with others, and considering larger, organization or team goals.
- Fork Truck and previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to understand written material contained in forms; ability to read, understand and interpret non-technical written materials.
- Ability to apply new work methods effectively.