We are Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Associate Sensory Scientist, working in Milwaukee, WI you will be part of the Supply Chain team. You will plan and conduct routine and non-routine sensory panel evaluations on beer, products associated with the brewing process, flavored malt beverages, ciders and sodas in support of broader efforts for the Integrated Supply Chain organization.
This position reports to the Sensory Manager, and works closely with Sensory Services Team to conduct interplant evaluations, competitor evalutations, new product and packaging innovations, process and product improvements, brewery non-conforming product and consumer complaints to assure accurate and reliable sensory data that assures flavor consistency of our brands across our breweries.
- The Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, execute and/or manage sensory monitoring program using Molson Coors Taste System for Molson Coors Interplant and International Licensee evaluations to ensure accuracy and consistent quality of products
- Plan, design, conduct and/or manage sensory analysis projects
- Evaluate the reliability and consistency of sensory panelists and sensory panels across brewery and corporate locations
- Recommend and administer brewery sensory program including methodology, panel training and quality testing gates
- Consult on product development teams, providing interpretive sensory results, data summaries and the necessary guidance for improvement of existing products/packages and new products/packages
- Recommend and purchase sensory laboratory equipment and supplies
- The Other Qualifications:
- You will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a science related field
- 2+ years of sensory experience, including knowledge of the principles and techniques of sensory evaluation of beverages and foods as they apply to brewing and related fields
- You have the ability to provide technical direction and training in sensory techniques to technicians
- You bring the knowledge of sensory and statistical methods for the treatment of sensory data
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You take ownership of one’s own work, driving to completion.
- Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental, vision and other benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee