- Manage vendors to deliver results! We leverage a managed services model and need strong leadership to hold our teams accountable to deliver SLAs and provide top level service.
- Help us find opportunities in our existing environment. Take initiative and drive continuous improvement to optimize results!
- Provide proactive Capacity Planning and Management. We need eyes on our BI platforms to ensure we’re planning for organic growth as well as safeguarding our future as we deploy new solutions.
- Be reliable - we need to identify top areas where services are interrupted – help us find problem areas and manage availability to provide dependable service.
- No Shortcuts! Use data to drive root cause analysis and fix problems for the long term.
- Security and compliance management – patch vulnerabilities on a timely basis and deliver documentation to satisfy internal control procedures.
- We manage our costs tightly – you’ll be responsible for overseeing our BI Platforms budget. Help us through creative initiatives to help reduce costs or map out gaps we might have to manage.
- Participate in project planning. We need your help validating that new technologies will integrate with our existing environment and integration into our operational model post go live.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Application Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other engineering related focus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required, including an understanding of how to interpret customer business needs, translating them into requirements and solutions.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation communication skills. Ability to share technical expertise successfully, clearly and effectively with all levels of audiences.
- Ability to own a problem from start to finish and effectively communicate with customers.
- Ability to lead in crisis management situations.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and/or managing support of BI technologies.
- Exceptional skills managing a data warehouse built in Azure SQL DW. This will be a new technology at the core of our BI delivery strategy as we transition from Teradata; Your expertise will be leveraged to keep the environment healthy, secure, and in top performance.
- Responsible for SQL DW platform administration, either by leading a team or individually.
- General understanding of cloud concepts, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Proven track record managing resources – budgets, vendor partners, and direct reports.
Nice to have:
- Responsible for SQL DW platform administration, either by leading a team or individually, for the following:
o Data Warehouse Platforms: SQL DW, Teradata
o BI Reporting Platforms: QlikView, Qlik Sense, Qlik NPrinting, Power BI
o Data Integration Platforms: Datastage, Mule, Azure Data Factory
o Master Data Platforms: Kalido/Magnitude