Independent family-run craft brewery in Northern Virginia looking for an experienced General Manager to join our growing team! The General Manager is a full-time leadership position - it’s an ideal role for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Knowledge of and a passion for the craft beer industry is a MUST!
Seeking an experienced, driven, and well-organized professional whose dedication and initiative will help propel the brewery to achieve its most important goals. Our new General Manager must be dedicated to the guest experience! As such, knowing the customer and possessing the ability to develop relationships is key.
The General Manager is responsible for the financial and operational performance of our entire brewery, including: event planning, production, marketing, warehouse, and retail/taproom operations. This dynamic individual will oversee front and back of house managers to execute sales and production through the broader team. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, a strong leader, and has demonstrated success managing a brewery and have a desire to develop and lead a dynamic team.
- Control the day-to-day operations of the brewery and monitor employee adherence to the policies and guidelines set forth by the company
- Oversee daily business operations (production, marketing, service, events)
- Control Profit & Loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions to include maintaining appropriate stock of beer and other products.
- Maintain cost of goods sold, nightly comps, nightly recap reports and safe audits by overseeing inventory counts
- Implement growth strategies for the brewery
- Assist in event planning and development
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Manage all third-party entertainment vendors, as well as Entertainment Director, if applicable
- Train employees, as assigned, in an ongoing basis
- Teach and implement sales techniques to team
- Conduct monthly All Hands team meetings
- Positive attitude!
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 5-7+ years working in management (preferably in hospitality industry)
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others
- Excellent people management skills, communication and listening skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations- front and back of the house
- Knowledge of event planning (corporate and individual)
- Experience evaluating and implementing strategies for sales growth (marketing)
- Experience in creating and implementing policies for team development and operations
- Working knowledge of Google, Microsoft Office Suite, Homebase and Quickbooks
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- 10 Paid vacation Days (PTO)
- 5 Paid Holidays
- Potential Incentive Bonus