Project Manager for a portfolio of projects for AB Packaging Group facilities (Metal Container, LongHorn Glass, Eagle Packaging) including:
- Lead the successful front end project planning, engineering management, execution, monitoring, cost control and closure of capital expenditures for Zone based projects.
- Direct project teams and define team resource requirements to ensure successful engineering execution and construction implementation within an operating environment, with a focus on safety.
- Ensure projects deliver targeted objectives meeting overall business needs within budget and on schedule.
- Project performance monitoring, tracking, and reporting
- Responsible for monthly cost tracking and monitoring
- Engineering and equipment supplier management
- Assist in development of capital plan budgets
- ME, EE, ChemE or equivalent technical degree
- 3+ years experience within project engineering, project management and/or construction engineering / management
- Ability to initiate and manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects
- Ability to define project execution plans and develop team structure for project implementation including engineering and execution approaches.
- Ability to manage and monitor engineering efforts for multiple projects. Validate design constructability and ensure engineering is on-time, complete and accurate.
- Cost accounting and SAP software experience preferred. Project Management Professional Certification a plus.
- Good overall knowledge of packaging processes and standards, as well as construction practices.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong customer focus
- Travel required – Typically up to 25%