We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Packaging Mechanic working in Irwindale, CA, you will be part of the Packaging Department in Brewery Operations. You will be responsible for set-up, repair, adjustment, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and rebuild of packaging equipment. You will support the packaging team on allocated lines and shifts to maintain optimum equipment reliability, availability, output rate and quality at the lowest cost.
This position reports to the Line Lead and works closely with our Brewery Workers, Mechanics and Electricians.
- The Responsibilities:
- Maintain the equipment in the assigned area in reliable condition. Attend to breakdowns in a timely manner while continuously reducing downtime and waste.
- Dismantle, inspect, and rebuild mechanical assemblies to ensure conformance to specifications or production requirements.
- Works as a self-motivated individual with minimal supervision while functioning as a productive team member.
- Documents all work performed using the current maintenance computer system. Uses this information to make decisions to improve the reliability of the equipment and process.
- The Other Qualifications:
- Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- Demonstrated skills in machining and fabricating, such as mills, lathes and other shop equipment.
- Demonstrated skills in hydraulic/pneumatic systems, pumps, laser alignment, power transmission, precision measuring tools
- Ability to read equipment assembly drawings
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
- Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and other benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles