The Facilities Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring the management of Facilities, Office Operations, and Events for our Commercial Strategy Office in New York City.
This position will set overall direction and strategy, execute projects as required and manage day to day operations. This position will interface with the People Operations, Senior Leadership teams, Real Estate, Construction, & Capex teams.
Is responsible for preparing budgets and managing preventative maintenance agreements, managing vendors, including contract negotiation, project management, vendor relations, cost saving initiatives, equipment upgrades and provide solutions to any facility related issues. This includes scheduled maintenance, scheduled services and repairs and housekeeping.
Leads office operations, mailroom, and custodial teams to ensure smooth day to day operations. Also liaises with IT support as well as Security. Coordinates event with Building Management for HVAC.
Also responsible for supporting events at the CSO office, including, approving, planning, location set up, aligning with caterer, track and allocate spending and also coordinate fire safety director as needed.
- Lead strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the Facilities department as well as recommends policies, practices, and procedures
- Manage the facility capital and operating expense budgets presenting updates on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and SOP’s that provide clear standards and drive accountability in the cleanliness of all locations
- Develop schedules for preventative maintenance/cleaning and ensures that facilities are inspected regularly to identify current and potential needs
- Oversee maintenance of accurate records of the condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment
- Manage team of approx. 5-10 support staff
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in architecture or engineering)
- 5-7 years of related experience in facilities management, space management, architecture, engineering, or building management
- Proven track record in cost management, ability to demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS project
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Strong communication skills with all levels of management