Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Associate Innovation Manager working in our Downtown Denver Head Office you will be part of the Molson Coors International Innovation team. The person will identify, evaluate and lead the deployment of a portfolio of innovation initiatives that will fuel future profitable growth for Molson Coors International.
This position reports to the Molson Coors International Innovation Manager and works closely with several key functions to deliver on differentiated, incremental innovation propositions. The scope of the role will include a range of initiatives such as packaging innovation, brewing innovation, new brand creation, commercialization of proven innovation concepts from our other Business Units, and new channel expansion.
We are looking for a true business innovator with demonstrated passion for translating insights and ideas into incremental business!
- Work with the Insights Manager, Innovation Manager and Innovation Director to translate consumer insights (global & local) into potential new product/category opportunities for Molson Coors International (MCI)
- Partner with Molson Coors International Finance team to build new imitative business cases that demonstrate clear enterprise benefit (volume, revenue, profit, cost savings)
- Work alongside key local stakeholders (and where appropriate, insights team) to validate business case assumptions prior to presenting to International Leadership Team (ILT) for review and approval
- Partner with Supply Chain and R&D to understand current production capability solutions to new initiatives, as well as future opportunities
- Seamlessly manage projects through the established START process –from the ‘Fuzzy’ front end of the innovation funnel through to implementation
- Establish Key Performance Measures for any ‘news’ deployed by the innovation team, align with local and central stakeholders and track / update at a regular cadence. Identify opportunities for enhancement (based on local market performance) and put forward modifications when appropriate
- Monitor new product introductions/innovations from competitors locally and in other markets to maintain a solid new product pipeline
- Communicate and advocate for Innovation at all levels of the organization
The Other Qualifications:
- Even with the title of “associate,” you operate with a general manager mindset, and always approach your work as an owner of the business
- You have an innate ability to build empathy with consumers, in particular millennials and diverse consumers
- Your stock answer to the status quo is “No,” plus you constantly challenge the expected to generate new ideas and find opportunities to improve
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent professional relationships within the business
- You love solving problems and proactively think about how to make consumers lives better
- You are an energetic marketer that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from others through respect and development
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business
- 3 years of marketing experience for a Consumer Packaged Goods organization; add in product / packaging innovation experience and that could push you over the top
- International experience either personally or professionally
- Agency and/or sales experience
- Experience in building business cases and are comfortable selling / defending your recommendation
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Spanish fluency (nice to have, but not required)
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance all year
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, and health/dental benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Denver