Coors Distributing Company (CDC) is one of the nation’s leading beer distributors based out of Denver, CO. We are the critical link between our brewery suppliers that produce the beer and the retail outlets where they are sold, as well as the restaurants and bars where they are consumed. We were founded in 1971 and became a MillerCoors LLC in 2008 as part of the joint venture between Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company, and we remain the only company owned distributor for MillerCoors. Major brand acquisitions occurred in January of 2010 making Coors Distributing Company one of the top 25 largest beer distributors in the country with over 30 suppliers, roughly 14 million cases per year, and nearly 400 employees.
In the role of Delivery Driver working in Denver, CO you will be part of the Operations Team. This person will safely and efficiently deliver refreshing and delicious cases and kegs of our beer to retail accounts from a commercial truck. You will be an integral part of our operation acting as the liaison between our retailers and our customers; working as a delivery driver for CDC you are one of the final stops in the journey our beer takes to reach our loyal consumers.
This position reports to Delivery Supervisor and works closely with our Warehouse Operations and Sales teams.
- Monday – Friday: Start times between 5:00 AM – 6:00 AM, end times between 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM (start and end times will vary due to seasonality of business; flexibility in the morning and afternoon is a must)
- Starting pay for our Class A CDL Drivers starts at $23.00/hour with overtime eligibility for hours worked above over 40 hours in a week at time and a half
- Our Drivers average 40-45 hours a week
A Class A CDL is required for this position as well as a clean driving record! As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
- Physically unloading and on average moving between 500 and 1,000 30 lbs. cases of product per day, some product weighing up to 165 lbs. in customer accounts
- Presents a professional attitude and appearance while at the same time acting as the first face our retailers see when our beer arrives; building strong and long-lasting professional relationships
- Completes assigned route in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner even during varying weather conditions, and working in challenging environments; this could include dealing with stairs, curbs, docks, tight parking lots etc.
- Executes quality service for each account, including helping our retailers with the rotation of product, stocking of shelves, building displays, and organizing our beer
The Other Qualifications:
- Valid Class A CDL is required as well as a current DOT physical card
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid High School Diploma or GED required
- You must be physically capable of handling and delivering between 500 and 1,000 30 lb. cases every day, and capable of lifting 165 lbs.
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the distributor’s priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and have a quick turnaround in our plans and strategy
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- You will have benefits starting on day 1! This includes participation in our Total Rewards program, parental leave, health, dental and vision
- Access to our on-site gym, Employee Assistance Program and discount plans, and gratis beer
- On-site bar and top events including hospitality twice a week for employees to get together and network with each other
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Denver