Career in Beer
Our purpose at Miller Coors a Molson Coors Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
The role of Plant Maintenance Mechanic is located at the Coors Brewery in Golden, Colorado. Our maintenance team is the lifeblood that keeps our brewery going. You will be responsible for playing an important role in ensuring that our production facility is running smoothly so we can make as much of our great beer as possible. The job includes working in areas of varying degrees of noise, dust, humidity, cold, and hot temperatures. The position also involves frequent stooping or crawling in cramped quarters, hard hat or bump cap, safety glasses, safety shoes and hearing protection. Routine lifting of 50 pounds is normal practice. Ability to work any shift or schedule is required.
This position is Night Shift (10:00 PM - 6:30 AM) with occational weekend coverage. The Plant Maintenance Mechanic supports our Packaging and Production department. This position reports to our Line Lead.
- Contributes to a safe work place by performing all tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures, OSHA, EPA, FDA, and GMP guidelines. Such as Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out, safety rules, confined-space entry, regulations, codes (Building, fire, etc.) and engineering standards
- Monitor and trend asset performance for their responsible equipment using available tools i.e. EPAC and EIT for the purpose of improving safety, OEE, ME, and reliability accessibility/maintainability, waste reduction and quality.
- Evaluate problems and generate options to find actionable practical solutions. This will be achieved by leading and facilitating RCFA’s, 5 whys, Pareto Analysis and Fishbones diagrams.
- Identify system or equipment deficiencies, and initiates the modification process, utilizing peers, team members, engineering, purchasing, vendors, technical support groups, and other resources. Update prints, programs, equipment manuals and other documentation. Ensure successful changes are implemented on like equipment. Communicate changes made to those affect
- Support brewing operations by coaching/mentoring, developing SOP’s, quick-fix routines for the breakdown process and carrying out work activities as planned during maintenance day windows.
- Develop and execute equipment specific training as required for both the operation and maintenance craft
- Responsible for follow-through on check-outs to ensure start-up schedule is met
- Develop and participate in equipment specific COD’s (Center of Development), technical forums and asset strategy activities.
- Provide a resource to MCBC plants when equipment specific issues arise and build relationships with SME’s in other plants and vendors
- Develop and plan the equipment strategy for assigned equipment which will include the overhaul plan- execution –post OH activities.
- Lead the execution of the overhaul plan – Directing assigned craft. Brewing specialist and any other necessary resources
- Ensure follow-up on all section of the equipment that could not be addressed during the OH because of either time or manpower restraints
- Rebuild all repairable spares removed from their piece of equipment in preparation for the next OH
- Provide equipment history. Documents all work performed using the current maintenance computer system and other reporting structures.
- Uses this information to make decisions to improve the reliability of the equipment process
- Works with planners to identify, define, and prioritize work needed to improve equipment reliability.
- Interfaces with the planners to develop equipment history
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing techs, plant engineering and contractors for baseline and capital projects.
- Be a resource for QC, production and the team mechanics and electricians as problems with their specific piece of equipment occur.
- Source for all equipment specific SAP Master Data, PM task lists and bill of materials
- Evaluate the effectiveness of preventive maintenance routines, making revisions and improvements to increase effectiveness
- Understands the principles of product quality control, balanced line flow and is proactive in verifying that repair work and modification support the achievement of these goals.
- Four years of industrial maintenance and /or four years practical experience in an accredited industrial apprenticeship program.
- Must be a minimum 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Related work experience: Industrial Journey level and on-the-job experience in a heavy industrial mechanics field.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the entire Golden Valley.
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings.
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, and beer allotment.
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive compensation, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and many other perks!
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Denver