Our purpose at Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. The Molson Coors Can Manufacturing Plant known as Rocky Mountain Metal Container located in Golden, Colorado is the largest single aluminum can manufacturing plant in the world, producing approximately 4 billion cans a year. We currently have multiple openings for production positions.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people; we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Operator Apprentice working in Golden, CO you will be part of the Rocky Mountain Metal Container team. You will have unlimited opportunities to advance if you demonstrate dedication, initiative, have a high level of mechanical aptitude, possess exceptional troubleshooting skills, common sense and can work within a team environment.
Operators will receive day-to-day technical guidance from Area Specialists. You will start in this role as an Apprentice and develop into the role of an Operator via a combination of classroom and on the job training. Progression to operator generally takes a year to complete. As you further develop your skills, opportunities are available to promote into Specialist, Sr. Specialist, and Team Leader roles.
Starting pay for these roles is $24.64 per hour, upon completion of training the position pays $28.89 per hour. Molson Coors offers a comprehensive benefit package effective with your first day of employment.
Employees work a 12-hour fixed shift schedule, with regular weekend work required. Note that weekend work is always automatically paid at overtime rates. New hires typically start on night shift, and work nights until they have enough seniority to bid to day shift roles.
- Assures assigned machine runs within operating standards by understanding equipment functions, troubleshooting, monitoring machine performance and making routine process adjustments.
- Understands and complies with quality requirements and monitoring methods, operating quality monitoring equipment, performing process control checks, and making routine functional product quality decisions.
- Contributes to continuous safety, quality and manufacturing process improvement by keeping accurate and timely records for an assigned machine and participates in problem solving efforts by generating ideas and supporting potential solutions.
- Maintains job skills by obtaining training and assessment in all operator job tasks described in the Can Manufacturing Training Program.
- Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment with responsibility for operation of a production machine
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You are serious about delivering results and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
- You have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; technical school attendance or specific technical training is desired.
- You have knowledge of basic machine functions or a strong aptitude for mechanical repair.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, and dental benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Denver