Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Senior Financial Analyst working in the Fraser Valley brewery, you will be part of the Supply Chain Finance Team. The person will responsible for supporting the business operations of the Toronto brewery. The position will be hands-on, assisting in the finance, accounting, budgeting & forecasting. The brewery has a strong focus on driving & evaluating cost savings initiatives and helping maintain controls surrounding capital assets and internal controls. The SFA will have great exposure to both brewery operations & financial aspects. This position reports to the Brewery Controller and works closely with the brewery operations team and the wider finance community.
- Prepare month end journals, reconciliations & other accounting responsibilities
- Preparing insightful reporting and analysis comparing budgeted costs / prior forecast to actual costs across multiple dimensions
- Educate owners of operating business units with financial data and analytics to support their decision-making
- Identify and recommend process improvements within the finance department and across all operating units
- Support the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes, ensuring assumptions are consistent, data is accurate, and risks and opportunities are understood.
- Prepare excise tax monthly remittances and assist in managing tax authority relationships, audits & queries
- Query invoices & liaise with A/P to ensure that invoices are reviewed and paid in a timely manner
- Assist & evaluate the brewery cost savings initiatives & continuous improvement projects
- Manage, assess & improve internal controls & SOX adherence
- Assist with fixed asset counts, challenging any anomalies
- Adhoc analysis and projects as requested
The Other Qualifications:
- You have a minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- You have at least 3-5 years' progressive experience in a Finance Analyst or accounting role
- Working towards a CPA qualification would be an asset
- Advanced level computer skills especially Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SAP, Blackline & Ariba would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and analyzing account reconciliations
- Business partnering experience a plus
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors How We Work attributes
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check (if locally applicable).
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We’re one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world’s family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee’s ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.