The Inbound Materials manager is the owner of inbound logistics and is responsible for performance and strategy setting within a matrix organization producing more than 20 billion cans/bottles annually. They will need to effectively manage suppliers, carriers, and internal partners across multiple levels to ensure the success of overall supply chain strategies.
- Lead and develop the inbound logistics strategy collaborating with cross-functional teams and integrating with supply chain system to align with the overall business strategy
- Own inbound logistics operational results and performance analysis through tight control of procedures and reporting, ability to effectively communicate and develop action plans for executive level management.
- Support the procurement of inbound transportation for contract/dedicated carriers and warehousing providers
- Identify and implement synergies between outbound beer and inbound materials freight flows
- Responsible for using knowledge and experience to work with breweries, suppliers and carriers to influence and support safety, quality, service and cost issues
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain-related, Business, Technical and/or Engineering field required. MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in logistics, transportation, supply chain analysis/engineering role
- Strong understanding of supply chain concepts and ability to engage with immediacy into operational details
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, with the drive to create data-driven business solutions and improve processes in the transportation and logistics areas
- Ability to drive results independently and drive progress while navigating multiple stakeholder priorities.
- Advanced or Expert level with Microsoft Excel. Proficiency in SQL, SAS, and/or Visual Analytics tools (i.e. Microsoft PowerBI, Qlik Sense, Tableau) strongly preferred.
- Process Improvement background highly desired. Lean Six Sigma and/or Agile experience preferred.
- Understanding of modeling techniques, benchmarking processes, statistical analysis, data management, and supply chain processes highly desirable
- Effective communication and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate complex problems to a broad audience and possess good interpersonal skills
- Must have strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail. Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and able to balance priorities to meet all stakeholder demands