• Effectively and safely operate and maintain Rice milling equipment with a focus on plant safety, quality, production and cost goals.
• Perform quality, maintenance and housekeeping checks while managing the technical process.
• Work as part of a team to read and interpret information, monitor equipment, and inspect product to maintain quality standards.
• Follow safe work practices and maintain a working knowledge of first aid and emergency procedures.
• Systematically trouble shoot and problem solve in an effort to proactively maintain equipment and provide continuous improvement to the facility.
• Assist in maintaining storeroom inventory via physical counts and SAP reconciliation.
• Accountable for MRP for production supplies, critical spare parts, and PPE inventory.
• Operation of and monitoring mobile equipment to perform tasks is required, as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED Certification required.
• One (1) to three (3) years of mechanical / industrial experience required, preferably in a high-speed manufacturing or packaging environment.
• Must have experience with equipment / machinery and proven troubleshooting skills.
• Willingness and ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to apply new work methods effectively.
• Forklift operating experience a plus.
• Superior attention to safe work practices.
• Able and willing to attend Maintenance Call-In rotation, included but not limited to day or night attendance during weekends, holidays, and/or scheduled off time for emergency situations.
• Able and willing to work planned/unplanned Production downtime during Holidays for scheduled Maintenance activities.
• Able and willing to work mandatory overtime as required.