THE FUNCTION AND ROLE
The Sales Function
Of course, our sales organization includes our field reps (who sell our leading brands into retail accounts, bars and restaurants across the country) but that barely scratches the surface. Opportunities include roles in forecasting, trade marketing, business and wholesaler development, pricing and promotion analysis and key account management; it’s the strategic side of how we sell our beer. Sales are the backbone of our company—we work hard to get our product in the hands of every one of our target consumers… of legal drinking age of course.
High-energy, self-motivated, and eager to stretch your boundaries. Sound like you? Then a career with Anheuser-Busch as a Sales Representative could be the flawless fit.
Determined to grow market share in all segments of the business, Sales Representatives are responsible for growing the company portfolio and engaging consumers through point of sale, shelf assortment, and creative displays at retail accounts. In addition, a Sales Representative identifies new markets and business opportunities to increase market share while building and maintain relationships with accounts and retailers.
- Visit assigned retail accounts to sell volume, increase distribution, monitor price, and shelf space management
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
- Increase shelf space and position for Anheuser-Busch products
- Gather market and customer information and provide feedback on buying trends. We’re a data driven company.
- Participate in new product launch events including profile tastings. The beer industry is meant to be fun!
- Make daily decisions regarding retail inventory levels using past sales history and reports
- Attend sales meetings to discuss sales issues, competitive activities, and opportunities to improve sales efforts
- Represent Anheuser-Busch through promotions and company events. You’re the face of the company, make us proud!
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to grow and lead customer relationships
- Ability to move products, hang merchandise and fulfill other physical requirements including repetitive lifting, bending and pulling/pushing
- Advanced degree
- Bilingual- Spanish speaking
- 1 or more years of selling experience
- Beer/alcohol beverage industry knowledge
Benefits and Work Perks
We offer generous benefit plan options that can be tailored for your unique needs and wellbeing. Here are just a few:
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Tax-Advantaged Savings and Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance and Disability Income Protection
- Generous Parental Leave and FMLA policies
- 401(k) Retirement Savings options with a generous company matching contribution
- Chance to work in a fast-paced environment amongst a company of owners
- Free Beer!