Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Vice-President, Innovation based in Chicago you will be part of the North American Commercial team reporting to Michelle St. Jacques, Chief Marketing Officer.
In this role you will drive the overall innovation agenda and oversee and lead a high-performance innovation organization designed to help achieve the company’s growth targets. A member of the Marketing Leadership Team. The successful Innovation head will have oversight for all major product and packaging innovation and activity across the enterprise from ideation through commercialization, and incubation through 2 years, with a primary emphasis on improving brand equity, volume and margin through world class packaging innovation. Translating strategies into long-range, sustainable commercial success and business growth, as well as aligning and exciting the organization behind these initiatives. Manage and lead the project management function responsible for cost-savings and innovation projects to ensure they are completed on time, within budget, and with excellence.
- Develop innovation strategies in line with corporate goals, designed to grow sustainable revenue, market share, margin and profit and drive all elements of the business plan.
- Builds strategies based upon thoughtful consumer insights, thorough competitive and market analysis and a deep understanding of emerging North American and global cultural trends.
- Define and own the stage gate process to move through the pipeline.
- Define the positioning for new brands in the pipeline.
- Lead overall PMO utilization strategy to ensure most effective and efficient use of limited resources
- Defining the strategic platforms and aligning and building a robust pool of ideas to mine.
- Build an innovation pipeline against strategic platforms to deliver 5-year plan.
- Analyze, recommend and lead as appropriate, transactions relevant to the company’s commercial success in new ‘white space’ markets.
- Lead the analysis protocol – business case development, simulated test market, concept testing and associated hurdles and tracking mechanisms.
- Plan appropriately through each stage of the innovation pipeline to ensure adequate depth/resources to meet business objectives.
- Leads transitions of new products/new business projects to appropriate brand team following successful implementation.
- Develop supplier relationships to ensure Miller Coors is considered as the first option when suppliers identify innovation opportunities.
- Oversee expert and trend setting consumer panels and distributor/retailer councils and oversee relationships with key partners, agencies and suppliers, all leading to product and package innovation leadership.
- This role requires exceptional leadership across several parts of the business. These will include working across the core marketing brand teams, the sales and distributor network and the operations and supply chain teams.
- Work closely with both the brand teams and the field sales team to understand specific existing distributor, customer and consumer marketing needs and to ensure that the innovation agenda is closely aligned with the overall go-to-market strategy and individual brand strategies.
- Attracts, leads, manages, and mentors employees in such a way to ensure retention, development, and superior performance of talent
The Other Qualifications:
- 15 years of experience in the consumer packaged goods industry, ideally in a senior marketing leadership and product/packaging development and innovation role with one or more blue-chip or food/beverage companies focused on driving growth through innovation.
- An exposure to and understanding of both immediate and take home consumer consumption is essential.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Strong general manager orientation, a high work ethic and energy level.
- Proven history of being a “talent magnet” for world class marketing professionals
- Strong communication skills
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago