The Senior Specialist, Security Ops role is part of the IT Security team, consisting of Security Ops, Firewall, and Vulnerability Manager responsible for IT security in the North America Zone of ABI. The primary responsibility is the daily routine of responding to potential threats and events (in coordination with Global Security Operations Center) and reviewing new requests for IT security concerns and implications.
The ideal candidate also serves as a Subject Matter Expert on security concerns and technology: best practices, IT Security Policy, potential threats, and technology solutions.
As part of a small team, this person may also be expected to serve as a backup resource for other team members (and vice versa).
- Coordinate between ABI's Global Security Operations Center and North America Zone IT Operations teams
- Review Security Dashboards, Research Alerts, and Initiate Actions
- Evaluate Requests for IT Security Policy Exceptions
- Evaluate Requests for System Accounts and New Device Connections requiring Security Review
- Evaluate and Approve Requests for Firewall Rule Changes
- Provide oversight and approval for Digital Certificate process
- Coordinate SSAE-16 Report Acquisition and Review for critical Partners / Applications
- Responsibility for multiple security related internal controls and internal best practice "Excellence Program" questions
- Lead / Coordinate (with IT Operations teams and Global Security Operations Center) Ongoing Health Maintenance and Operational Initiatives for anti-malware and other security software in North America Zone.
- Work with IT Security Architect to provide security input on new efforts and technologies, or potential changes to IT policy
- Support visibility and decision making through production of relevant metrics, dashboards, and analysis as required
- Collaborate and work effectively in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Required Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with IT Security, IT infrastructure technologies (servers, storage, network), and IT Enterprise experience in a production, plant floor or manufacturing environment
- Relevant certifications (CISSP, CEH, Secure+, etc.) Preferred
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols), web
- Cloud Experience (Azure preferred)
- Versed in Security Frameworks and Standards (NIST 800-53, ISO-27001, ATT&CK, CIS)
- Security mindset (rule adherence, "what could go wrong?")
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who is able to demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Effective time and priority management skills
- Deep innate curiosity + an aptitude for learning