Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
The Sr. Category Insights Manager leads an account or region-based category management team to develop critical insights and solutions for their assigned chain account(s) to grow the size and the value of the customer's beer category, while capturing a disproportionate share of growth.
The Sr. Category Insights Manager is also the primary interface between chain selling organization within MillerCoors, the Customer Solutions team and the category management organization, ensuring alignment of MillerCoors category and brand goals with their retailer's goals.
This position requires a high degree of customer facing interaction - both internally with multiple levels of the organization, particularly chain leadership, and externally with both retail and distributor partners. As such strong written and verbal selling skills and ability to develop relationships is critical in this role.
This role reports to the Regional Director of Chain Accounts and will be based in Irvine, CA.
- Identifying Insights and emerging business opportunities
- Understanding the category, region, channel and shopper through the use of available data sources. Internal MillerCoors data, Syndicated Data, and other Market Research
- Understanding the retailers brick and mortar and digtal/Ecommerce strategy, business needs, and goals
- Incorporation of the MillerCoors business objectives and channel strategies
- Incorporation of MillerCoors portfolio strategy that leverages all segments: Economy, Premium, Super Premium, FMB, Mexican Imports, National and Regional Craft, including MillerCoors Regional Crafts
- Incorporate MillerCoors Retailer Revenue Management strategies
- Synthesis and Insights
- Incorporate consumer/shopper insights and behavior into analysis and insights
- Synthesizing all insights into selling story, category and business reviews
- Work collaboratively with account team(s) and COE on sales call approach and plans
- Apply MillerCoors category management standards
- Coach chain team on data access and application
- Implement MillerCoors retail and digital solutions with customers
- Lead Top to Top Category Management and digital solutions presentations to Executives at Retailers to build partnerships and grow category
- Support Space Management presentations in order to sell in MillerCoors space and assortment and Feature strategy
- Support Revenue Management presentations in order to sell in MillerCoors Retailer Revenue Management strategy
- Develop customer category plans collaboratively with the retailer and distributors
- Space and Assortment
- Deep understanding of the MillerCoors Space and Assortment and Feature strategy
- Expert with space and assortment tools to optimize retailers category and meet the MillerCoors S/A goals
- Effectively allocate resources and monitor reset process to ensure high quality and timely execution
- Lead and develop team
- Create learning and development opportunities for team
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team
Skills & Abilities:
- Education and experience
- Bachelors degree required
- A minimum of 5 years data analysis / category management experience
- Post graduate degree preferred
- CPG experience
- Sales experience
- Planning Experience
- Skills and knowledge
- Experience with advanced analytics, consumer research, statistics, modeling
- Proven ability to use data and analytics to develop insights
- Use of consumption databases i.e. ACNielsen, IRI
- Understands tools and techniques to merchandise and market at retail.
- Familiar with consumer panel data and shopper data (i.e. Nielsen, Homescan)
- Understands chain sales, retail and distributor operations.
- Understanding of in-store execution practices
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance all year
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and retirement benefits
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles