Business Relationship Manager (BRM) professionals work as the strategic interface between IT and the assigned areas of the organization. They drive the Technology Roadmap and Strategy for a specific business function and function as a key point of contact for business stakeholders. They facilitate planning and execution of initiatives to enable the Organization to achieve business objectives through the effective use of technology.
Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. They work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational boundaries. Their knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Organization.
- Works with internal and/or external stakeholders as a thought leader to align technology solutions with business strategies for specific function or group of functions.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of technology, capabilities and assigned departments/business areas to identify and communicate how technology can support the achievement of short- and long-term business goals.
- Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with appropriate level key stakeholders.
- Leads stakeholder (internal and, when appropriate, external) business planning and strategy meetings.
- Participates in short- and long-term strategic planning sessions with clients to improve business processes.
- Communicates with Organization business leaders and project managers, and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of progress, risks, and results.
- May participate and contribute to business leadership meetings.
- Understands and anticipates direction of the business area(s)/unit(s) identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to support the assigned business area(s)/unit(s) desired future state.
- Provides strategic consultation to business and technology teams.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities.\
- Ensures technology solutions support the organization’s short-term and long-term business goals/strategy and aligns with IT strategy.
- Analyzes technology trends to determine value to the achievement of Organization goals.
- Identifies opportunities and perform assessments and provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing, technology, implementation, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 5 or more years of Internal/external IT experience.
- Experience successfully leading large, complex projects and/or in business/IT consulting/management roles.
- Requires leadership and negotiation skills and experience/in-depth knowledge of the business, business requirements analysis and IT processes.
- Ability to work autonomously