The Busser maintains cleanliness in the Front of House to ensure efficient and quality experiences for visitors. The Busser works alongside servers and hosting staff to determine the order in which they operate and provide attention. This position’s duties are conducted autonomously, although there’s prioritizing direction provided from other employees on the Front of House team. This position’s scope is not broad in nature, but reliability is critical. This position is vital for the Front of House operation to run smoothly, and helps to maintain the pacing for any given shift.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities
- Answer guest questions knowledgeably and professionally
- Warmly greet each guest upon arrival and departure
- Know all table numbers and positions
- Convey all guest concerns at once to the MOD
- Clean and set tables to restaurant standards
- Strive to exceed guest expectations in all interactions
- Refill water, soda, and ice tea as needed
- Maintain restroom cleanliness
- Keep water glasses above half-full
- Assist Server as needed and when necessary
- Complete all assigned sidework tasks
- Work in a safe and controlled manner
- Responsible for taking and passing general quizzes
- Responsible for safety and personal hygiene standards at all times
- Properly reports tip income in accordance with DBBC policy and IRS rules
- Responsible for compliance and understanding of all policies set forth by DBBC
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic level of customer service positions, preferably in food and beverage service.
- Ability to manage personal responsibilities in a high-stress, fast-paced working environment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum one year in a customer service position.
- High-volume experience preferred.
- Virginia Drivers License
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
- Regular contacts are made with individuals from within the Back of House and Front of House divisions
- Communication is usually cooperative in nature, but the ability to deal tactfully with a variety of visitors/individuals is sometimes necessary.
- Work takes place in a loud environment for long periods.
- Lifting up to 50-pounds occasionally is necessary in addition to repetitive lifting of up to 25 lbs being the norm.
- Conducts work in a standing position; job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping and lifting.