Coors Distributing Company (CDC) is one of the nation’s leading beer distributors based out of Denver, CO. We are the critical link between our brewery suppliers that produce the beer and the retail outlets where they are sold, as well as the restaurants and bars where they are consumed. We were founded in 1971 and became a MillerCoors LLC in 2008 as part of the joint venture between Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company, and we remain the only company owned distributor for MillerCoors. Major brand acquisitions occurred in January of 2010 making Coors Distributing Company one of the top 25 largest beer distributors in the country with over 30 suppliers, roughly 14 million cases per year, and nearly 400 employees.
In the role of Environmental Health and Safety Manager working in Denver, CO you will be part of the Human Resource team. The EH&S Manager is responsible for providing and promoting environmental health and safety leadership in the areas of education, engineering, behavior, culture and performance through employee engagement and accountability. This position also has overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with federal and state environmental health and safety regulations and other regulatory requirements.
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and works closely with the rest of the leadership team.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of safety programs, policies and procedures for all functions within CDC
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and advises SLT of emerging environmental health, safety and welfare legislation
- Monitors and evaluates programs, policies and procedures for effectiveness and continued relevance
- Review need and recommend purchase of appropriate safety equipment
- Develop and manage any budgetary line items associated with programs
- Develop and implements safety related training programs, utilizing the CDC Training Coordinator and others as needed for assistance
- Maintain CDC EH&S related statistics and metrics
- Review need, implement and manage plans and programs that drive employee engagement and positive safety culture across the organization
- Represent CDC on MillerCoors EH&S Safety Team; may also participate on related Distributor Safety Councils
- Manage process and provide guidance and assistance for proper incident investigations
- This position is the first point of contact and takes lead during any serious safety events, including vehicular accidents, fire, floods or natural disasters, and is also the first point of contact for any work related life threatening injuries/illnesses
- Maintain all record keeping required by federal, state, local, MillerCoors and/or CDC
- Analyze statistical data for process improvements
- Develop and implement operational safety performance criteria to include supervisory performance metrics focused on incident and injury reduction along with safety culture/best practices implementation
- Coordinate and participate as necessary on safety audits and inspections
The Other Qualifications:
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within our retailers and customer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, EHS, engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in leading & improving safety performance and regulatory compliance
- Must have working knowledge of OSHA and other federal and state safety regulations
- Must have prior experience in developing, managing and facilitating safety programs
- Experience leading incident investigations, while determining root cause and identifying opportunities to improve and prevention measures
- Must possess good, proven hazard and risk recognition and mitigation skills
- This position requires the ability to speak to, influence and motivate both large and small groups at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Project management and leadership skills
- Position requires physical presence within CDC, with periodic field work with Delivery and Sales teams and occasional site visits at customer accounts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and MVR must fall within the MillerCoors Pre-Employment Background Screening Guidelines
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- You will have benefits starting on day 1! This includes participation in our Total Rewards program, parental leave, health, dental and vision
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across our team, including sales, warehouse, and operations
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Denver