Our purpose at MillerCoors a Molson Coors Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. Tenth and Blake is a division of MillerCoors focused on developing and growing a portfolio of distinct brands in the craft and prestige import space. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
As the Craft and Import Regional Director working in Southern California you will be the leader for the full Tenth and Blake portfolio in the region (i.e., quarterback) developing strong relationships across the business and become trusted member of the Pacific region leadership team. You will lead the strategic thinking, planning and execution of the Tenth and Blake portfolio as well as lead the development of annual/trimester plans and ensure integration with overall regional priorities. You’ll also rally the specialized sales and marketing teams to drive alignment between craft partner brands, prestige import brands and the region. By managing direct reports, you’ll be responsible for growing the talent and capabilities of the regional Tenth and Blake team. You will serve as the local beer expert for intrinsic, craft consumer and competitive market for the region.
This position reports to the VP Sales & Marketing for Tenth and Blake.
- Lead and execute the Tenth and Blake Sales Strategy in region
- Responsible for region wide performance results of the entire Tenth and Blake brand portfolio (volume, profit and share)
- Ensure strategy and tactical alignment of Tenth and Blake portfolio in business plans and gain execution commitments with RVP, GMs and region leadership
- Commercial strategy execution
- Lead all new Tenth and Blake brand product launches and expansion (M&A or new import brands) into the market by establishing launch plans, go to market strategy, execution guidelines and commercial targets
- Work Tenth and Blake team and regional craft partner to ensure commercial priorities are aligned
- DSO / Chain / Distributor Engagement and Education
- Communication and tactical support for DSO, chain team and distributors in Region
- Leading and participating in distributor meetings, both MBMs and on ad-hoc basis.
- Drive Tenth and Blake leadership presence by attending and interacting at Region/MU Distributor Council meetings
- Business Case Realization and Analytics
- Responsible for annual and trimester Tenth and Blake plan for the Region
- Monitor monthly tracking of all budgets
- Ensure alignment with annual volume and distribution targets for Sales team members
- People Management & Organizational Development
- Represents Tenth and Blake with Region Leadership team by sitting on RVP leadership team, attending ALL RVP leadership team calls and meetings.
- Ensures tight alignment with local Tenth and Blake sales team with craft partner brands sales team to ensure optimal business performance
- Champion performance management, talent management and talent acquisition
Education & Experience requirements
- Minimum of a bachelors’ degree; Masters’ degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive sales and marketing experience; preferred experience in beverage/alcohol
- P&L Management experience
- Prior experience managing a diverse team
- Preferred experience calling on chain accounts
- Preferred experience developing annual and multi-year plans
- Leadership and emotional intelligence
- Strong analytical skills
- Beer intrinsic knowledge or passion
- Understanding of the above premium beer category
- Proven experience in motivating and inspiring a team
- Strong working knowledge of DSD and Distributor operations
- Knowledge of the three-tier distribution system preferred
- Level One Cicerone trained
- Knowledge of how chain works
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance all year
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles