Wicked Weed Brewing, an internationally acclaimed craft brewery based in Asheville, North Carolina, is looking for a Packaging Technician to join our production team.
The Packaging Technician works to operate and maintain equipment needed to package beer in a variety of containers including kegs, bottles and cans. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates packaging department equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems within the department.
- Understands and adheres to safety standards.
- Cleans and maintains bottling/kegging/canning facilities.
- Alerts the Line Leader or other management personnel to potential quality concerns.
- Functions well working in a team environment.
- Completing computer-based work, as required to fulfill job or department duties.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and remain on call when necessary; inclusive of nights and Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable working in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot equipment.
- The ability to stay on task and sometimes work independently .
- Basic computer skills including using the internet and using MS Office software
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in a production/packaging environment a plus
- An understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other core safety issues.
- The work environment is that of a brewery.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous machinery, materials and chemicals.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water and steam.
- Ability to handle heavy objects safely and with proper body mechanics – Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. and routinely maneuver objects weighing up to 165 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in a non-temperature-controlled environment.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 55 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time standing and/or walking. Walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery.
- Ability to frequently sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time position with health, dental, and vision benefits along with paid time off.