Already an employee? You must apply through our internal portal: click here
Operations Manager - Packaging
Burton On Trent, GB
Why You Should Join Us
For over two centuries Molson Coors has been brewing beverages that unite people for all of life’s moments. We produce some of the most beloved and iconic beer brands ever made. While the company’s history is rooted in beer, we offer a modern portfolio that expands beyond the beer aisle.
Our growing beverage portfolio in the UK & Ireland includes Pravha, Staropramen, Blue Moon, Rekorderlig, Aspall Cyder alongside popular favourites Coors Light, Carling - the UK’s number one selling lager, and the UK’s number one selling cask ale - Doom Bar.
We’re looking to recruit Operations Manager to manage and develop our packaging team within can and bottle. It’s a fantastic opportunity for a True People Leader to join global organization within one of the largest and most advances breweries in Europe.
As a part of our Brewery leadership team you will lead and motivate a large operational team for the effective operation and maintenance of all packaging activities in our Burton based brewery. In this role you will to ensure that high quality products are produced cost effectively, to meet planned volumes through maximizing the effectiveness of Plant, People and Processes. You will work through a team of Line Leads and Shift Managers to ensure that team members are coached, trained and developed, and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for continually building the capability of Packaging personnel through structured personal development and training plans to engage & build a winning team. Ensures the application of robust people management practices & creates space for effective coaching and communications, recognizing the right behaviours & outputs, & building effective partnerships upstream and downstream within the brewery & supply chain.
- Responsible for ensuring robust management and application of all health, safety, environment & quality policies and practices, driving conformance to regulatory (e.g. EH&S/OSHA) and accreditation standards (e.g. ISO/HACCP etc).
- Responsible for ensuring the assets and processes are maintained and/or improved to achieve optimum cost & delivery performance whilst meeting rising quality expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for safely optimizing Packaging line efficiency and meeting customer requirements in area of responsibility within Packaging department. Utilizes WCSC Processes to progressively develop world class standards of operation, ensuring performance monitoring, evaluation & action planning to continuously improve performance.
- Translate the site Compelling Business Need into clear policies, goals and objectives (through department masterplan and 90 day plans) which are deployed to line lead and shift Manager level.
- Execute a department communication process ensuring that employees at all levels are provided with clear expectations of the department objectives and are kept informed in actual performance vs. plan while providing them with the opportunity to add value and continuously improve through increasing levels of involvement.
- Provide strong leadership to the Line Lead and Shift Manager group such that they present a cohesive and consistent approach in application of policies, practices & priorities.
- Significant management experience of large teams within manufacturing industry
- Knowledgeable in relevant EHS, Hygiene, Quality legislation and procedures with practical
- Background in packaging processes.
- Experience in Manufacturing ideally FMCG or Food production
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results and personal excellence
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively and make balanced, reasoned, data-based decisions in high pressure situations
- Must be able to demonstrate credibility, inspirational leadership and employee development.
- We’re one of the UK’s Most Attractive Employers winning the Top Employer award for the last 7 years.
- Flexible work programmes to ensure a work life balance is maintained such as our market leading Moments That Matter for significant moments in your life.
- Commitment to the physical and mental wellbeing of all our people. We are proud to have been awarded Gold in Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Awards.
- We’re committed to raising industry standards and leaving a positive imprint on our employees, consumers, communities and the environment which is reflected in Our Beer Print and our 2025 sustainability targets.
Molson Coors: Building Careers
Molson Coors Beverage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we seek diversity. We want to continue to create an environment where our people are truly able to be themselves at work, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion. We want people to be able to bring their own creativity and style to work, so that we get diversity in our thinking across our organisation, as we believe that we are a better business for it.
This makes our talent strategy simple – we want the best talent in all our roles, regardless of their background. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew and our people are our greatest asset.