Golden Road is constantly evolving what it means to be Craft beer and our employees are changing what it means to work at a brewery. While we offer great benefits, a diverse and inclusive culture, and competitive salary, we also provide the opportunity to tap into something greater than just a job. Beer brings people together in ways that few other things can, and we carry that sense of camaraderie, fun, and positivity into everything we do. We can be found chasing an adventure or chasing a dream. We are confident, yet laid back and aspire to be better than yesterday. If that’s you, join us. Cheers!
Golden Road Brewing is currently recruiting for a Brewery Production Manager in its Atwater Village brewery, responsible for the packaging of our beer. The Packaging Manager will provide the direction and management that builds and sustains a safety-driven, quality-focused, high-performing and diverse packaging team. This position identifies efficiencies and performs higher level analysis and tasks that result in an efficient and well running packaging lines.
• Sustains and improves quality in packaging dept including primary/secondary material and finished goods.
• Develops short and long term strategic plans for packaging department, encompassing labor plans, safety improvements, quality programs, and improvements for increasing equipment uptime.
• Leads throughput, efficiency, and other cost savings initiatives in the packaging dept.
• Manages the production schedule in collaboration with, Brewing, Warehouse, and Zone Demand Planning teams.
• Oversees the inventory management of packaging materials and cooperage.
• Active in the recruiting, hiring, coaching, counseling, and mentoring of packaging employees.
• Sets priorities for maintenance PM’s and Corrective work on the lines
• Owns the execution and continuous improvement of the packaging master sanitation program
- Self-directed, naturally seeks out solutions to problems, effectively delegates work and projects across packaging team.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving ability.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Technical knowledge in all applicable aspects of the brewing and packaging processes.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain detailed record keeping systems.
- Understanding of OSHA standards.
- Familiarity with Food Safety and HACCP planning protocols.
- Experience with OBEER a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of engineering or manufacturing experience.