Our purpose at MillerCoors, a Molson Coors Company, is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Commercial Development Manager working in Chicago, IL you will be part of the Commercial Centers of Excellence team. The person will be responsible for facilitating, guiding and providing stewardship of the MillerCoors planning process from National to specific distributor focused initiatives and the MillerCoors Brand-Package portfolio. Possess a robust ability to challenge our operations peers in sales and supply chain to deliver against our Sales Forecast, Deliver Volume Growth, and ability to reduce out of stocks to improve and accelerate the sales process.
This position reports to the Manager, Commercial Operations.
- Be a key stakeholder in driving national or local package initiatives as well as distributor level and other commercial/operations projects
- Provide support / guidance on MillerCoors’ strategy process and tools for Sales led Initiative Brands/Packages and STOP level Planning & support
- Act as SME for Sales and Operation Managers and as an input to our Project Team around our portfolio and Brand Initiatives
- Work with forecasting/Regions to conduct analysis and determine effects/implications for National, Region and/or specific distributors on:
- Brand / Pkg Initiatives
- Chain Prgrams
- Finance & Marketing Champin
- Lead our Sales and Operations Managers and CSC Teams; link together our organizations by possessing an agile and consultative approach
- Point of contact for all quality initiatives; i.e. shelf life, audits, Quality Presidents Award.
- Leverage our data and interpret the numbers, don’t just report them. Derive action and recommend changes or challenge the teams to ensure volume objectives are achieved.
The Other Qualifications:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or MBA;
- You have at 3-5 years’ experience in strategy or planning within a Fortune 500 company (preferably CPG) or strategic consulting firm
- Experience successfully working in functional and cross-functional teams, especially with sales force and supply chain teams
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends
- that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You are deadly serious about results, and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
- You are a skilled negotiator focused on the client; your constant curiosity fosters your innovative style and you can equally execute ideas given to you
Work Perks You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance all year
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago