The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about our work as communicators
- Understand how to get things done in a large, matrixed organization
- Drive sizeable integrated communications programs that combine traditional media, stakeholder engagement, social media and internal communications
- Manage work for several internal clients using several agency partners
- Move quickly and feel comfortable leading major projects within a large but fairly flat organization
- Translate our business into proactive, positive storytelling
- Be able to manage day-to-day issues and reactive media
- Understand how to present communications plans and results within a data-centric company
- Have experience in brand communications, media relations and issues management
- Drives PR programs to promote the brands and reputation of the craft partners and Anheuser-Busch
- Challenges and inspires craft partners to achieve PR results that drive their individual business objectives, track progress and course correct to manage the ever-changing environment
- Own key business projects / announcements from strategy to execution
- Build strong relationships with internal clients and key external stakeholders, ensuring we are tailoring our communications to their needs
- Draft a wide variety of communications materials for internal and external audiences, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Play a supporting role in cross-divisional engagement strategies which draw together multiple disciplines spanning the creative to operational spectrum; a natural integrator and inspiring convener.
- Develops and implements annual communications strategies that supports the commercial strategy. Sets success measures and manages agency resources to achieve results.
- Supports executive positioning and development of collaborative communications strategies and initiatives with internal and external partners, including alignment with cross functional partners on complementary communication strategies.
- Work in close collaboration with other media-facing team members to ensure communications strategies are cadenced out mindfully
- Build positive working relationships with national, regional and trade media
- Manage incoming media inquiries in a timely and helpful manner
- Proactively engage with media to tell the stories of our craft partners, helping to strengthen our position as a leading US company
- Serve as the media relations lead for proactively positioning, training and supporting company spokespeople on key engagements and opportunities.
- Support our leadership and other spokespeople with messaging and media training
- Work with internal clients across multiple functions to anticipate and address issues on topics ranging from ingredients, regulation, product quality and facility incidents.
- Work with the senior director to manage issues and crisis preparedness resources and tools, including annual risk assessment, crisis simulation and playbook.
- Liaise directly with senior leaders to provide counsel
- Provide coaching, direction, and support to craft partners in order to achieve collaboration and positive results.
- Manage multiple agency partners
- Work closely with Anheuser-Busch legal and corporate affairs team
- Actively manage budget and oversee contracts/invoices with agency partners and other vendors
- Minimum of 5 years of brand communications experience, preferably at a leading communications agency
- College degree in arts, communications, journalism or equivalent professional experience in the field.
- Exceptional media relations skills with proven experience of positive results from working with regional and national-level press.
- Demonstrated track record of employing exceptional judgment in decision-making and all working relationships. Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence in interactions, negotiations, and communications.
- Demonstrated record of success in development, alignment, and deployment of communications strategy.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines, unpredictability and on multiple priorities.
- Experience with budget development and management
- Expertise in both traditional and emerging media and communications; technology savvy and demonstrated practical experience working with new media and internet communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; group presentation skills required
- Conveys a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and promotes culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Travel will include regular visits to the craft partners of A-B to maintain connectivity with colleagues and internal clients. Anticipated as one short trip per month on average.