Our purpose at the Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people; we believe that an inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate people who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get excited about making a difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
As a Brewery Operations Intern you will be part of our Early Talent Program. Our Early Talent Program is Molson Coors’ undergraduate summer internship program, where students are exposed to the beverage industry, engaged in real-world problem-solving, and immersed in social and educational opportunities with other interns. The internship is full-time, beginning in June through August. Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements. Interns who successfully complete the Early Talent Program are eligible for full-time positions within Molson Coors Beverage Company, upon graduation.
Interns will be based in one of the following departments within the brewery: Brewing, Packaging, Supply Chain/Distribution or Technical Services. Interns will be assigned specific projects where you will be responsible for designing, planning, scheduling and leading the project(s). These projects will be very diverse in nature and may be focused around systems, process, and/or capital projects. Interns are required to apply project management principles as well as technical expertise to assure projects are executed successfully to meet business objectives. Additionally, the intern serves as a resource to help support high-level technical issues within the Brewery.
You will be focused on helping the brewery meet their overall goals through the implementation of successful projects. These include designing, planning, organizing, scheduling and leading projects. These projects will be very diverse in nature and may be focused around systems, process, and/or capital projects. Interns are required to apply project management principles as well as technical expertise to assure projects are executed successfully to meet business objectives. Additionally, the intern serves as a resource to help support high-level technical issues within the Brewery.
Upon completion of the internship, you will obtain a fundamental understanding of brewery operations with detailed knowledge of specific operations, as well as build an understanding and demonstration of the basic steps to implement a highly successful project from start to finish. Overall, you will get an understanding of your field in a manufacturing environment from an operational improvement and project management perspective.
Examples of projects in each of the key departments are as follows:
- Brewing - Reducing extract losses, improve maintenance job plans, instrumentation quality improvement projects, and hygiene.
- Packaging - Process reliability improvement (line efficiency) through stop reduction, improving waste performance through loss reduction, asset care, and quality improvement projects with a focus on hygiene.
- Supply Chain - Inventory and space planning and optimization, visual factory/performance tracking, improving perfect order adherence, and focusing on run to schedule and loaded compliance.
- Technical Services - Development of project justifications (CBI’s), implementation of small plant project(s) from start to finish (system, capital or process based), and environmental optimization initiatives and compliance.
The Other Qualifications:
- For the Brewing department, you are a junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in brewing, food science, science (chemistry, biology, microbiology), or chemical engineering.
- For Packaging, Supply Chain, Distribution and Technical Services, you are a junior or senior pursuing a mechanical, electrical, industrial, packaging or related engineering discipline.
- Prior coursework, internship or work experience in related area (e.g., brewing, packaging) preferred.
- Project management coursework and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, high level of proficiency in Excel.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance?including a hybrid work model of 3 days in the office
- We care about our People and Planet?and have challenged ourselves with stretch goals around?our?key priorities??
- We?care about our communities, and?play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks,?giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are?
- Engagement with a variety of Employee Resource Groups, which can provide volunteer opportunities, leadership experience, and networking through the organization?
- Ability to grow and develop your career centered around our First Choice Learning opportunities
- On site Pub,?access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events?and, of course...?free beer and beverages!?
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences??
At Molson Coors, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Albany GA