We’re making things happen at The High End and are looking to people to fuel our global growth, be inspired our brands and help us build our story. Who are we looking for? Inspiring people who share our passion for growth and have demonstrated their ambition through interesting and demanding professional roles and education. Our strength lies in the diversity of our team members’ previous experiences.
The High End Sales Manager is the key contact between the HE Director and AB’s distributors. This position is accountable for coaching, training, and developing a sales team daily with the inspection of sales representative activities. The HE will work directly with wholesale partners for market specific objectives including business development, increasing distribution within accounts and gaining new customers. In addition, this position will be accountable for managing an assigned geographic region through the effective planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and execution of sales and marketing plans through the company distributor network and field sales team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds relationship with wholesaler management and region teams.
- Participates in HE forecasts and ensure its accuracy
- Effectively coordinates and communicates with management, distributors, and HE Business Development Rep to facilitate the effective development and execution of programs and business initiatives.
- Establishes distribution, display, feature ad, retail promotion, and space management objectives that produce the effective presentation of the brands to the consumer at the point of purchase.
- Communicates information to management with recommendations that will contribute to the development of brands, sales growth, and distributor effectiveness.
- Tracks identified metrics (sales, distribution, display, POS, etc.), providing timely performance reports.
- Actively trains & coaches HE BDR and provide visibility to the Commercial Director and Regional High End Direction into the challenges and opportunities in the specific territory.
- Manages specific operating systems and standards, for the management of: Ordering and Inventory Management, Quality Control, Selling and Merchandising Objectives and Standards, Program Execution Guidelines, Pricing and Discount Management, and POS Material utilization.
- Identifies leads, manages prospects, acquires new business, and grows points of distribution.
- Participates in the execution of events such as samplings, beer dinners, and craft beer educational presentations for customers and consumers.
- Owns the execution & sales results of the HE portfolio in the sales territory and acts on market opportunities.
- Works with wholesalers to ensure all chain commitments are delivered and items not brought in are kept to a minimal
- Works with wholesalers to order POCM during trimester order windows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales or Promotions in beverage/alcohol industry preferred.
- Certified Beer Server or Certified Cicerone preferred.
- Conducts work in a standing and sitting position; however, job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and light lifting.
- Ability to lead and develop a team of sales professionals in order to achieve goals.
- Proven ability to build and maintain long term relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to generate and deliver sales presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Business Trade Math (Margin, Mark Up, Inverse Margin, Blended Margin, Breakeven, Draft Profit, and Pour Costs).