Our purpose at Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people; we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Manufacturing Systems Engineer working at the Shenandoah Brewery you will be part of the Brewery Productions and Operations team. The person will provide manufacturing execution, automation and controls technical systems expertise and core competencies to deliver manufacturing systems support to the brewery functions (brewing, packaging, utilities, warehouse). The position is expected to incorporate standard technologies and provide process improvements through innovation and optimization. Provides technical and operational support for brewery and enterprise projects. Ensure that problems and issues with brewery manufacturing systems are resolved in a timely and effective manner aligned to agreed service level agreements. Assists in the implementation of the MillerCoors systems strategy.
This person will work with the Corporate BIS Teams and Brewery Manufacturing Systems groups to optimize processes, applications, and technologies. Collaborates to generate practices and standards in forums/councils which are utilized to improve Manufacturing Systems performance and best practices.
Responsible for the safety and quality of our products by adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, programs, and related MillerCoors Safe Quality Food (SQF) guidelines.
- Provides brewery functional support; works with the assigned plant functional departments to ensure that systems are being fully utilized and add value to the department and the teams
- Provides technology support, such as Control Systems Networks Manufacturing Systems Applications
- Ensures governance of policies, procedures, and standards; Provides input to the development of the MillerCoors systems policies, procedures, and standards.
- Leads continuous improvement in functional area
- Supports brewery safety, energy, and environmental initiatives
- Supports team performance and creates a culture of employee engagement
The Other Qualifications:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or related field
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven systems technology skills and experience in Manufacturing Systems Networks and architectures, Manufacturing Systems Applications, Delta V Control System, Distributed Control Systems (DCS’s) or Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s)
- Deep knowledge and acquired know-how in Automation control systems (PLC’s; DCS’), Control Networks and Instrumentation
- Proven process understanding of the function (Brewing, Packaging, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and recognize detrimental trends that could impact the company through increased costs, potential regulatory issues or risk management impact
- Communication skills, oral and written, for the preparation of professional, clear, concise reports and for presentations to plant leadership teams.
- Interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills to deal effectively with contractors, suppliers, vendors, peers, team members, superiors, consultants and other professionals.
- Judgment skills to balance company, division and department goals and objectives.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance all year
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, and Employee Resource Groups
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental, 401k, generous paid time off plans, and of course free beer!
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia