Our purpose at MillerCoors, a Molson Coors Company, is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Tax Coordinator working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin you will be part of the Record to Report Finance Team. You be responsible for performing detailed and complex duties relating to the preparation of Excise, Sales, and Use, and other miscellaneous tax returns, including the compilation and maintenance of all related documentation for the company and its affiliates. This position is also responsible for documenting and obtaining indirect tax refunds, completing sales tax exemption certificates, documenting and processing excise tax drawbacks, and documenting and processing beer destruction requests for excise tax credit.
This position reports to the Record to Report team lead and works closely with a variety of internal and external partners, including state and local tax authorities, vendors and distributors, AP/AR, Customer Service, and Procurement.
- Ensuring all required excise, sales and use, and miscellaneous tax reports for Molson Coors and MillerCoors are documented and filed timely
- Prepare tax exemption certificates, destruction requests for excise tax, drawback requests, payment requests, and assist in preparation of property tax compliance
- Analyze and reconcile selected general ledger accounts and prepare monthly journal entries for indirect tax
- Participate in special projects, including reviewing business tax questions on transactions, monitoring accounts payable inboxes for MillerCoors and Molson Coors, and assist the revenue management team with pricing changes, among others
The Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- General office experience
- Understanding of accounting principles and journal entry prepratation
- Ability to perform research, detect and correct errors, and use good business judgement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; SAP knowledge is a plus
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of priorities.
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent relationships
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Opportunity for advancement within the organization
- Participation in our Total Rewards program
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee