Our purpose at MillerCoors, a Molson Coors Company, is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Contract Specialist working in Denver and reporting to the Associate General Counsel, you will be part of the Global Legal team. The person provides front line legal support to Molson Coors’ Global Procurement organization by performing contract review, drafting and negotiation for commercial transactions. They will manager a high volume of varied and complex transactional work. This position collaborates with procurement professionals and supports the entire transaction and contracting process, including all legal issues and contract terms. The Contract Specialist will play a pivotal role on the legal team and in Molson Coors achieving its strategic and financial objectives by providing consultative, strategic and analytic support services on commercial transactions.
- Commercial Transaction Support - Achieve strong understanding of Molson Coors’ business strategy and product lines to effectively identify contract risk and provide relevant advice for risk management and acceptable contract terms. Support commercial transactions through closure in prudent and expeditious manner, escalating issues to managing attorney as needed.
- Contract Reviews - Primary legal liaison with internal stakeholders and external parties to ensure compliance with contract specifications and resolution of issues. Review and evaluate proposed contract terms provided by vendors as well as proposed edits to Molson Coors contract templates.
- Agreement Revisions - Identify and negotiate revisions as necessary for master services agreements, goods agreements, product development agreements, SaaS Agreements, data privacy agreements, agency agreements, sponsorship agreements, statements of work, letter agreements, NDAs and other agreements.
- Processes and Tools - Assists with the development and improvement of contract management workflows, procedures and templates. Maintains and coordinates reviews and revisions of contract templates and playbooks. Provides training to client groups on transaction contractual issues and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree (Certified Paralegal preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant and recent commercial transactions experience in a similar work environment (i.e., law firm or corporate legal department).
- Demonstrated success in complex contract review, drafting and negotiation.
- Skilled in project management, client service, managing multiple priorities and presentations.
- You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities.
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- As the world’s family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance all year
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and retirement benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors, we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Nearest Major Market: Denver